Thursday, October 4, 2007

Basic Practium

Wednesday September 12, 2007
Basic Practicum

On Saturday the 8th, Vicki and I traveled to Chicago to begin the second part of our certification process which is the basic practicum. During this phase of our training, we will meet with a small group for more training and 9 months of implementation of choice theory in our classrooms. This was the first of three meetings and I was really encouraged with the progress I've made in using the "language" of choice theory. I felt very comfortable using the language, almost as if it was second nature, rather than a language I was just learning. The day flew by as we worked to improve not only our understanding of choice theory but ways to bring it to our respective jobs.

On Monday when we return to school, we met with Dale to write an Action Research proposal for implementing choice theory in order to help our students become accountable not only for their behaviors, but to improve their overall learning as measured on both standardized tests and classroom assessments.

I'm already seeing a difference in my students attitude toward learning. I believe that these goals will be met and students will actually look forward to learning and achieving.

No comments: